Thursday, May 31, 2007

FACEBOOK!?!?!?

Wow! Time flies... It's been a while since I've posted an entry... I hope not to have another lull like that for a while. But it's been a crazy couple of months. We are now moved into our new house, and are enjoying being close to work and friends.
But what I really want to talk about is FACEBOOK. The phenomenon that is sweeping the nation. How does something like this take off? I heard about it about a month ago, and within a month everyone and their dog is on facebook. It's the new fad. But after so much peer pressure I caved... I couldn't handle it. I joined. I know there'll be something newer and better soon enough, but for now I will enjoy connecting with people I didn't know still existed.
But I do find it quite fascinating how something becomes the "new thing". How we all bite into it, and get on it... and it multiplies. How does that happen? What is it that makes something so immediately successful and the masses just flock to it. I did. did you? share your thoughts...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I, too, have been astounded by how popular Facebook is. I don't know how many e-mails I've gotten inviting me to join from people I haven't heard from in a long time - not personal e-mails, just computer generated ones, you know... So far I haven't joined because I don't feel like I have time for ANOTHER way of consistently communicating with people and maybe a little bit of stubborness, too...just because everyone else is doing it, I want to be different - except I'm starting to feel like I might be missing out... I don't know - why IS it that we have crazes like this? I would much rather discuss it in person...
Sarah